Re: Oxalaia, new spinosaur from Brazil

From: Ben Creisler
bh480@scn.org

First, apologizes for a dumb typo--the species is quilombensis, of
course--I accidentally added another "is"...My bad.

Here's a link that shows a photo of a feather from Araripe:

http://ultimosegundo.ig.com.br/ciencia/museu+nacional+anuncia+descoberta+de+
maior+dinossauro+brasileiro/n1238173011806.html

The supposed "skull" of the dinosaur in some images is definitely a
reconstruction of the crocodile Pepesuchus and NOT Oxalaia as the caption
says. Apparently, a lot of news sources have the captions mixed up:

http://www.eluniversal.com/2011/03/16/cientificos-descubren-el-dinosaurio-ca
rnivoro-mas-grande-de-brasil.shtml
http://www.lasegunda.com/Noticias/CienciaTecnologia/2011/03/633287/Cientific
os-descubren-el-dinosaurio-carnivoro-mas-grande-de-Brasil