Re: Consistency index was Re: Clarification of scope of paleoart->uses

2011/3/17 Mike Taylor <mike@indexdata.com>:
> Here's my real problem with CI: that you have to talk in fluffy terms
> like "low for the size of the matrix".  I don't uinderstand why we're
> all using a metric that is so sensitive to matrix size.  We should
> have some kind of normalised CI that is independent of matrix size.
> (Maybe if we did, then I and others would pay more attention to that
> number.)

Good point... may not it be assessed, however, for similarly sized
matrices? I mean, if you deal with a mostly common matrix as that of
the Theropod Working Group. Alternatively, the CI may be useful to
compare phylogenies with ever increasing size, and helping with a
larger database for future studies on homoplasy (if publication space
is not a problem).