a new art question

In an effort to try to form a basis for a proposed artist's guild of sorts, I have been trying to lay some groundwork.

I define a paleontological life restoration artist ( paleoartist, thanks to Mark Hallett I believe) as a person who produces life restorations or scientific drawings from the fossil evidence. They can be professional or amateur but if amateurs have an opportunity to "turn pro" there will have to be guidelines and pricing ethics we must set up.

Some artists complain that the place where they live makes it difficult. They do not have access to fossils and must use books as reference.
That's where things get dicey ( ala the Greg Paul thread) so I say this.
Museums and paleontologists are usually ok with providing photographs of both mounts and individual fossils and answering questions so long as you respect their schedule. There are also reference photographs on the web these days.
If that seems too inconvenient you must travel.
If I desire to be a gaucho, I can't expect to pursue that dream in Center City Philadelphia.

I would like to hear comments on my definition before I go further.
Bob and I have produced many life restorations, some the first of new species, and have never used a Greg Paul skeletal reconstruction. The same is true of other artists, so I do not think the definition of paleoartist is too narrow.

Tess