Re: It was only a matter of time

2011/3/18 Clair Ossian <clastic@verizon.net>:
> I am afraid I have to differ.  The response below is from someone who does
> not have to live with the mess and danger of prairie dog towns.
>
> I agree...don't eliminate them...but they need to be brought into balance.
> Ranchers sustain a lot of loss to those little buggers :)
>
> Cheers...

No, but I live in a country (Argentina) were we have an threatened
large mining rodent (Lagostomus maximus) which was considered a plague
when more abundant because horses fell in the holes. I think we should
better adapt to our environment before destroying the native animals
which form part of it.