Re: Aussiedraco, new Australian pteranodontoid pterosaur

 I don't hate the name _Aussiedraco_ as much as I thought I would.
 And I say that as an Aussie. However, I hope the name is pronounced
 correctly. Australians pronounce 'Aussie' as Ozzy (i.e., with a
 soft s) - not Ossy or Awssy (despite the latter two being closer to
 how the first syllable in Australia is pronounced, with a hard s).
 So if I hear _Aussiedraco_ pronounced as 'Ossidraco' rather than
 'Ozzidraco', it will really set my teeth on edge.

What you are really saying is that Australians _do not use_ the term "Aussie" and use "Ozzy" _instead_.

The concept that it's possible to assume that anybody would write one word but mean a quite different -- etymologically related, but different -- word is the stinking rot in English spelling. It gives me word rage. (You know, like road rage, only more persistent.)