Re: Senter 2006, Confuciusornis, and humeral mobility

Scott,

When you examined Confuciusornis glenoids, how high could the humeri
elevate before disarticulating?

I ask because if it's only maybe 10 degrees above horizontal that is
pretty constrained, but if it's 50 degrees that may allow for takeoff from
the ground. Starlings can do it with just 50 degrees, and they have
notoriously high wing loading. Maybe Confuciusornis could do it from (wild
guess) 45 degrees with their much lower wing loading but much less derived
pectoral anatomy.