RE: Dollodon status questioned

  If we were to regard the historical use of "nomen dubium" as excluding
synonmies, then yes, I would agree with this. It is one of my "hard and fast
rules" for nomina dubia (see
http://qilong.wordpress.com/2010/05/25/what-if-anything-is-a-nomen-dubium/) ...
but that's only if there was a possibility of this concept to being concrete.
It isn't.

  I wonder if McDonald uses some more substantive reasoning (optimistically, I
assume he does) than in the abstract -- which is, let's face it, an abstract. I
haven't the paper, but will soon.

Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden
The Bite Stuff (site v2)