Re: Sauropod browsing energetics

2011/3/25 David Marjanovic <david.marjanovic@gmx.at>:
> Madagascar is not a small island.
> I repeat: Madagascar is not a small island.

Ok., you're right, it is fairly large for an island, but, is it not
small enough space for a species as large when adult as Rapetosaurus
(far larger than an elephant)?
Well, all of this generally speaking, of course. In reality I do not
know what size a safely sustainable population size of Rapetosaurus
is, nor how large the Malagasy primary production available to
Rapetosaurus was, how much the available area restricted this primary
production, nor the metabolism of Rapetosaurus.