RE: Dollodon status questioned

David Marjanovic wrote:

<"[N]omen dubium" means "indistinguishable from two or more species that are
distinguishable from each other".>

  Where is this definition written down? The ICZN, the only governing authority
currently standing that mentions the term, only says:

  "A Latin term meaning [']a name of unknown or doubtful application[']."

  I understand that Mickey has argued that it _should_ be the above definition,
and I agree with that, but the term itself has a historical _usage_, and a
definition with an extremely vague application. Again, see
http://qilong.wordpress.com/2010/05/25/what-if-anything-is-a-nomen-dubium/

Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden
The Bite Stuff (site v2)