RE: Dollodon status questioned

But even given the ICZN's definition (inexact like the rest of the document), a
junior synonym is not "of unknown or doubtful application".  If anything, the
ICZN's definition is even more exclusive than mine and David's and would only
be used for nomina nuda which have an unknown or possibly nonexistant hypodigm,
such as "Ngexisaurus" or Labrosaurus "huene".  After all, even an indeterminate
taxon like Chingkankousaurus has a known and undoubted application- to its
holotype IVPP V636.

Mickey Mortimer