Re: Senter 2006, Confuciusornis, and humeral mobility

>> What mass are you using, Michael?

> I ran a range from 150-180 grams.

Wow! The Black kite is apparently 650-950 grams with the same wingspan! So
Confuciusornis must have way, way, less wing loading (1/3.6th at most)
and, thus, must have needed even less of a stroke angle! So I think we are
on the verge of proving it was  a powered flier.

http://www.arkive.org/black-kite/milvus-migrans/

Burton, M. and Burton, R. (2002) International Wildlife Encyclopedia.
Marshall Cavendish, New York.