Re: Senter 2006, Confuciusornis, and humeral mobility

Thanks Jason for a very comprehensive and thought-provoking response.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that the short
sternum, puny keel, prominent deltopectoral crest, and minimal dorsal
excursion by the humerus were all part of a unique kind of flight
stroke?  The kinematics of this flight stroke were found in basal
birds like _Confuciusornis_, which (according to your interpretation)
were limited to low-amplitude flapping.

Cheers

Tim