Re: Zhuchengtyrannus, new Chinese tyrannosaurine

Brad McFeeters <archosauromorph2@hotmail.com> wrote:

> It hasn't.  I think they just meant that the Kem Kem has abelisaurids AND
> *Sigilmassasaurus* AND the two other big tetanurans.

You could be right.  Here is the exact wording:

     Upper Cretaceous Moroccan red beds in North Africa have yielded a
     large abelisaurid, _Sigilmassasaurus brevicollis_, together with the
     tetanurans _Carcharodontosaurus saharicus_ and _Spinosaurus
     aegyptiacus_ (Weishampel et al., 2004).

The sentence is certainly poorly worded.  It at least implies that
_Sigilmassasaurus_ is NOT a tetanuran - which is probably not the
intention.  _Sigilmassasaurus_ likely represents the same taxon as
"Spinosaurus B".

Cheers

Tim