Re: Parts & Non-Recreation (was: Ceratonykus)

I would say that Iliofemoralis was at best a peripheral protractor in
most theropods (stance phase stabilisation [as in Hutchinson and
Gatesy 2000] seems more likely), and is probably pretty highly reduced
anyway in most Maniraptora, but I am not that familiar with
alvarezsaur pelves or femora. What's that idea based on? Everything
else you describe sound pretty much bird-like (save the supracetabular
crest, like you say). Expanded postacetabular ilium, lack of ventral
pelvic symphysis, etc. Does it have a unified trochanteric crest?