[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Subject Index][Author Index]
Re: Alvarezsaur spurs (was Re: dino-lice)
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Alvarezsaur spurs (was Re: dino-lice)
- From: Don Ohmes <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 07:53:47 -0400
- Authentication-results: msg-ironport2.usc.edu; dkim=neutral (message not signed) header.i=none
- In-reply-to: <BANLkTi=KEMR8E5j99X=XjXyp4U__EZQDuQ@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <email@example.com> <BANLkTinSt=VjnwW0uLjB1xG8S=she6NTWQ@mail.gmail.com> <BANLkTi=KEMR8E5j99X=XjXyp4U__EZQDuQ@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu
On 5/2/2011 3:20 AM, Tim Williams wrote:
Yes, the aardwolf is very territorial and highly aggressive.
Apparently old individuals have their canines worn down to a stump -
probably as a result of combat with members of their own species.
This happens to dogs in the SE US -- at least it does to dogs in the
habit of gnawing on armadillo shells while trying to catch them. It
doesn't take very long either. Just a few episodes can take the points
off their canines.