Re: Jack Horner wants dinosaur Uniform Frame of Reference

Hmm.  Well, when we see that this UFR actually consists of, we can
talk about whether it's going to help.  But without any details -- and
there are none in the article -- it's hard to read this piece as
anything other than "Horner is more of a lumper than most other
dinosaur workers and wants other people to lump more, too".

Then there's this quote at the very end:

“The proposals by Horner are very important as a reminder of a problem
paleontologists are aware of,” [Mike] Benton says, “but we still don’t know
if it will provide a 100% watertight solution that means we will never
make mistakes about dinosaur species ever again.”

Oh, I think we do know.  It will NOT provide a 100% watertight
solution.  Of course it won't.  Come on -- even extant species are
constantly being lumped and (more often) split.

-- Mike.

-- Mike.