RE: Troodon/Orodromeus hypothesis

Jaime,

We agree utterly that that the eggs in the nest from Xanadu locality are
oviraptorid.

I was discussing the fragments of eggshell found adhered to the
Byronosaurus rostra. I thought you were suggesting that they are also
oviraptorid. I don't think anyone has attempted to analyze those fragments
microscopically, probably they are loathe to degrade such rare fossils.

And it seems to me that it stands this way: that all three hypotheses to
explain the presence of the Byronosaurus remains in the oviraptorid nest
are still possible, and none are supported by the evidence any better than
the others.

Jason Brougham
Senior Principal Preparator
Department of Exhibition