Re: Troodon/Orodromeus hypothesis

John Bois wrote:

> Yes...
> And Rhea eggs are destroyed by diminutive hairy armadillos. To my
> knowledge no one has observed how they do it...the presumption is that
> they knock the eggs together!

Amazing. I've found films online today showing vultures breaking ostrich
eggs by hurling stones into them,  and Australian Eagles breaking emu eggs
the same way.I'm not suggesting that hatchling troodontids could do this
successfully.

I've also watched films today of jackals gnawing on ostrich eggs and
failing to break them. I bet that is a more likely scenario for small
troodontids.

Jason Brougham
Senior Principal Preparator
Department of Exhibition