RE: Willinakaqe

Augusto Haro wrote:

  <Well, our next task now is to ask our sources which system they used to
write, if Azümchefe or what. You should stop writing papers about dinos and get
this datum (kidding of course).>

  Really, does it matter? The issue I'd originally asked and was concerned
about was how it's pronounced. For some authors, the preferred pronunciation is
what _they_ used, what they thought the name sounds like and how non-native
speakers can derive the name. If Juárez's sources speaking this tongue were
using their "transliteration-free" tongue to do so, then all that matters is
how its pronounced. You can worry about spelling later. It's not like we lose
sleep over "bataar" rather than "baatar" -- well, maybe some do. It's like
having a fistfight over aluminium vs aluminum.

  Hurry up, or I'll just call it Willy Cake.

Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden
The Bite Stuff (site v2)
http://qilong.wordpress.com/