----- Mensaje original -----
De: "Augusto Haro" <augustoharo@gmail.com>
Para: bh480@scn.org
CC: dinosaur@usc.edu
Enviados: Lunes, 16 de Mayo 2011 13:09:52 GMT -04:30 Caracas
Asunto: Re: Sauropod neck evolution in Journal of Zoology

Nice work!
One thing I always wondered is why we dismiss sexual selection when we
do not find dimorphism in the feature supposed to be sexually selected
(only restricting to this feature, not criticizing the work because of
just this). Can not it be a selection of the mate feature that is
common to both sexes? For example, although it is cultural (which may
be irrelevant), and weighted against other features, both sexes in our
species prefer non-fat mates (also non-bald, although among women it
is a less common condition). The brain of both sexes may have a
similar substrate. Finally, lack of dimorphism may conceivably imply
sexual selection of similar features by both sexes, accepting the
presence of variation which may result in dimorphism to be selected
against.