Re: Saltopus... a silesaurid?

Augusto Haro <augustoharo@gmail.com> wrote:

> As far as I remember, crocodile-normal, crocodile-reversed, and
> mesotarsal refer not to a combination of tarsal characters but to the
> shape of the astragalo-calcaneal articulation.

AFAIK, you remember correctly.  However, the shape of the
astragalo-calcaneal articulation is in itself a complex of discrete
characters.  Nesbitt breaks the CN crurotarsal ankle down into five
separate characters. Two are common to phytosaurs and suchians, two
have a checkered distribution, and was one excluded for practical
reasons.

Cheers

Tim