Re: 11th specimen of Archaeopteryx

----- Original Message -----
From: Denver Fowler <df9465@yahoo.co.uk>
To: "dinosaur@usc.edu" <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, 1 November 2011, 11:43
Subject: Re: 11th specimen of Archaeopteryx

_______________________________
From: Don Ohmes <d_ohmes@yahoo.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Sent: Tuesday, 1 November 2011, 11:21

On 11/1/2011 1:19 AM, David Marjanovic wrote:

>>> So what would an Archie track look like?

>> Three-toed or two-toed. The 1st toe didn't touch the ground, and it's
>> not clear if the hyperextensible 2nd toe did.

>Are there any 2-toed fossil tracks known?

>I could not find any trace online, but one would think (looking at the ostrich
>foot) that theropods in xeric environments might take the same route,
>Archie-types aside...

>Li, R., Lockley, M.G., Mackovicky, P., Matsukawa, M., Harris, J., 2008.
>Behavioral and faunal
implications of Early Cretaceous deinonychosaur trackways from China.
Naturwissenschaften
95, 185–191.

>Zhen, S., Li, J., Zhang, B., Chen, W., Zhu, S., 1994. Dinosaur and bird
>footprints from the
Lower Cretaceous of Emei County, Sichuan, China. Memoirs of Beijing Natural
History Museum 54, 106–120.

>Kim et al - New didactyl dinosaur footprints (Dromaeosauripus hamanensis
>ichnogen. et ichnosp.nov.) from the Early
Cretaceous Haman Formation, south coast of Korea -Palaeogeography,
Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 262 (2008) 72–78

>Gaston et al. Grallator-Dominated Fossil Footprint Assemblages and Associated
>Enigmatic Footprints from the Chinle Group
(Upper Triassic), Gateway Area, Colorado. Ichnos, 10:153–163, 2003
(includes seriema prints: which show impression of the D-II claw)

Plus

Ishigaki, Shinobu and Lockley, Martin G.(2010) 'Didactyl, tridactyl and
tetradactyl theropod trackways
from the Lower Jurassic of Morocco: evidence of limping, labouring and other
irregular gaits', Historical Biology, 22: 1,
100 — 108

Mudroch A, Richter U, Joger U, Kosma R, Ide´ O, et al. (2011) Didactyl Tracks
of Paravian Therop
ONE 6(2): e14642. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0014642

Azuma et al. 2009 -didactylus digit trackways from the early cretaceous hekou
group, gansu prov. china. -extended abstrac

plus the dinosaur trackway conference 2011:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:7aIpEhfEHvMJ:www.dinosaurtrack.de/program.html+dinosaur+trackway+conference&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Denver Fowler
df9465@yahoo.co.uk
http://www.denverfowler.com