Re: Archosaur antics--world's only playful "pet" crocodile dies

On Wed, 2 Nov 2011, bh480@scn.org wrote:
From: Ben Creisler
bh480@scn.org

There have been reports (and even film footage) of Komodo dragons playing
in captivity.  I've also seen footage of crocodiles in captivity that can
respond to individual names when called.

According to Spanish language news services, the world's only known
"domesticated" crocodile has died from unknown causes in Costa Rica. The
5-meter long crocodile named Pocho lived in a pond and would play with his
keeper without attacking.

This appears to open up the possibility of "pet" theropod dinosaurs if
genetic engineering finds a way to do it....

http://www.biobiochile.cl/2011/10/12/famoso-cocodrilo-domesticado-pocho-muer
e-en-costa-rica-por-causas-desconocidas.shtml

There are videos of him and the croc on youtube. Can't say as I'd recommend it.