Re: Power-walking tyrannosaurs

TBH, Matt Kaplan jumped to T. rex because John Hutchinson and
colleagues did their SIMM study with - guess which apex predator?

Correct, T. rex!

So in this case, please don't blame the press for using Rexy. That
would be like dangling a sausage in front of a dog and complaining if
it jumped to get it! ;)

Also, may I say: Matt did a very good job; he got my talk's content
pretty much right! Sadly, the best phrase came to me when I read the
published thing. If I am right, speedily moving dinosaurs would look
like a video of a slow moving dinosaur, but someone hit the "Fast
Forward" button.

:)
___________________________________
Dr. Heinrich Mallison
Abteilung Forschung
Museum für Naturkunde - Leibniz-Institut
für Evolutions- und Biodiversitätsforschung
an der Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Invalidenstrasse 43
10115 Berlin
Office phone: +49 (0)30 2093 8764
Email: heinrich.mallison@gmail.com
Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
Gaius Julius Caeser