Re: Perching, climbing, roosting was Re: 11th specimen of Archaeopteryx

 You know what the debate over how dangerous trees are for protobirds
 reminds me of? Back when I was learning about whale evolution, I
 used to think "but wouldn't water be really dangerous for those early
 stages of amphibious proto-cetacean life?" (there's crocs, sharks,
 hungry fish, etc)

Not "etc.". There were crocs, there were sharks, but I don't know of any other big marine predators from the Paleo- or early Eocene.