Re: Perching, climbing, roosting was Re: 11th specimen of Archaeopteryx

On 11/10/2011 12:42 AM, Tim Williams wrote:

>  Is the flamingo's foot shaped while it sleeps, or while it is foraging?

I'm afraid I don't understand the relevance of the flamingo.  AFAIK,
it doesn't perch or roost in trees.  It spends its days (and nights)
on terra firma.

So! Assuming that flamingos foraged in trees, and "roosted" on the ground, we would expect terrestrially adapted feet? And would they fall over a lot while snoozing?