Re: Microraptor ate birds

On Nov 10, 2011, at 2:58 PM, Robert Schenck wrote:

> I've gotta say that that was a pretty darned cool poster at SVP this
> year. At first it really seemed like good support for Microraptor
> being arboreal, BUT, then I remembered that my cat would eat
> passerines all the time, and my cat isn't arboreal (at least not like
> we usually mean when we think of arboreal maniraptors).

Exactly.

We also have evidence that sharks fed on hadrosaurs (Everhart, M. J. and K.
Ewell.   2006. Shark-bitten dinosaur (Hadrosauridae) vertebrae from the
Niobrara Chalk (Upper Coniacian) of western Kansas. Kansas Academy of  Science,
Transactions, 109 (1-2):27-35. ), but this is not strong support for a
hypothesis that Mesozoic sharks lived on land.