RE: Microraptor ate birds

I agree.  This was the worst SVP abstract this year in my opinion, since any of
us with cats know that a good portion of their passerine kills happen on the
ground (making the cat's arboreal abilities irrelevent).  And taxa like
sparrows and crows are no doubt more arboreally adapted than Confuciusornis.
So no matter how good the specimen is, it simply cannot support arboreality in
Microraptor.

Mickey Mortimer