Re: Fwd: Microraptor ate birds

Plus, there are very few birds, especially non-carnivorous ones, that do not spend at least some time foraging on the ground.

Dan

  On 11/10/2011 1:08 PM, Augusto Haro wrote:
I share your doubt, that some animal eats arboreal animales does not
seem to me much convincing of arboreal habits, overall is there is the
possibility that the arboreal animal can contact the ground at times
(or that they can fall dead to the ground). Even when I am emotionally
tied to the trees-down hypothesis, it's true there is not much
favourable evidence.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Robert Schenck<schenck.rob@gmail.com>
Date: 2011/11/10
Subject: Re: Microraptor ate birds
To: dinosaur@usc.edu

**sent this in direct reply to  Ben Creisler first, resending now**

I've gotta say that that was a pretty darned cool poster at SVP this
year. At first it really seemed like good support for Microraptor
being arboreal, BUT, then I remembered that my cat would eat
passerines all the time, and my cat isn't arboreal (at least not like
we usually mean when we think of arboreal maniraptors).

ALSO, isn't it pretty darned cool that the Economist has dinosaur
articles, i mean, you'd never see an economic article in a science
journal, just shows how awesome science is that even 'money people'
are like "ZOMG DINOSAURS!"