Re: Microraptor ate birds

2011/11/10 Don Ohmes <d_ohmes@yahoo.com>:
> On 11/10/2011 6:33 PM, Denver Fowler wrote:
>
>> Do modern animals kill prey in trees?

It seems the margay, fossa (Cryptoprocta), marten, linsangs, genets
are mostly arboreal hunters. Among borhyaenoids, there were some which
were arboreal, with opposable hallux. There is a Spanish documentary
with a genet being able to kill crows (which can be rather agressive)
at night while they were sleeping. This made me wonder how easy would
it be for a climbing predator to feast on birds when being nocturnal.