Re: Perching, climbing, roosting was Re: 11th specimen of Archaeopteryx

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 11:12 PM, Anthony Docimo <keenir@hotmail.com> wrote:

>  We *know* a transition occurred - we have birds these days, after all.  It
> *is* possible.  *Nobody* said it was easy.
>
> But some people are saying its impossible.

It's perfectly legitimate to question *when* the transition occurred.
It clearly happened by the ancestor of Ornithothoraces, but it doesn't
appear to stretch back to the ancestor of Eumaniraptora.

--
T. Michael Keesey
http://tmkeesey.net/