Re: Perching, climbing, roosting was Re: 11th specimen of Archaeopteryx

Seems like there's a lot of heat over this issue. Personally, I think
that the idea of arboreal dinosaurs is awesome, but the problem is,
there's little evidence for it, and even some evidence against it
(outside of birds of course).

If dino-birds roosted in trees, or escaped through trees, or even
spent part of the day clambering about brances catching insects, but
none of this resulted in changes of their skeleton, then they may as
well never've been in there.

I like to keep the goats-in-trees image in mind, because it reminds us
that animals don't allways do what we say they're 'allowed' to do, and
because, no matter how many goats we see in trees, they're still NOT
arboreally adapted. You'd be a crazy person to look at a goat fossil
and say, 'yep, foraged in trees'. You'd be /correct/, but still crazy.