Proper poster strategy (Re: Microraptor ate birds)

What I do is take any chance/s prior to the late afternoon poster session
to take a gander at all the posters, and then concentrate on those am
interested in when the authors are in attendance. Not at all like them there
times when there were maybe a dozen posters and no concurrent sessions over
a couple of days.