Re: Proper poster strategy (Re: Microraptor ate birds)

In a message dated 11/11/11 6:44:49 PM, david.marjanovic@gmx.at writes:

<< I tried that the next day and almost ended up not having lunch.

Which would have been bad. It goes without saying I hadn't had any

breakfast other than a cup or two of tea in the coffee break (no milk

this time, they only had half & half!) -- the sessions started at 8, I

had 1/2 hour to walk to the Paris (couldn't have afforded living there),

neither my hotel nor the SVP provided anything to eat, and I never get

enough sleep at conferences. The food available during the poster

sessions isn't always edible either and tends to be limited in quantity. >>

I walked back and forth from a location a mile from the Paris Las Vegas,
ate pretty well (had an expensive but very good hamburger for the 1st lunch
with Tom H, Tom C, Alex D and others) and managed to see all the posters while
attending the talks. One has to be focused! The SVP food was scarce, that's
because there was an effort to break even and food costs were very high.

I did not pay for the damned banquet and ended up following Jim Kirkland to
one of the best dinners I have had -- at a Thai place for just 30 smackers!

And whatever you do do not, repeat do not, visit Las Vegas. A very sad/bad
place, at least along the strip. That parents actually take their kids there
is appalling.

GSPaul

</HTML>