Re: Proper poster strategy (Re: Microraptor ate birds)

You mean you didn't appreciate the DOZENS of guys (and a couple of
gals) in bright Aprons shoving strip-club 'cards' in your face? Or
smacking the cards together to attract attention?

Maybe that'd be a good strategy to drive attendance to a poster, have
grad students clapping their hands and handing out mini copies of the
posters to people in the hallway?!

As far as food, there was a pretty good deal for 45 bucks you got a 24
hour pass to the buffets at Paris, Caesars, and several others. Time
it right and that's Dinner, Brkfst, Lunch, then Dinner. Of course
you'll drop dead after eating that many buffets in a row, but the
$/Calorie rate is tuff to beat!

I find that GSP's method wrt Posters works pretty well, make some time
to peruse them when no one's there and then talk to the authors at the
formal session. In this instance that meant I almost missed Norell and
Erickson's Hadrosaur Teeth poster, because that went up a little late
(but I didn't miss it and actually got to talk to Dr. Erickson, which
was cool).

--
Robert J. Schenck
Kingsborough Community College