RE: Tyrannosaurus was not a fat boy or girl

> Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 12:31:58 -0500
> From: jaseb@amnh.org
> To: jrhutch@rvc.ac.uk; mrvivianallen@googlemail.com
> CC: dinosaur@usc.edu
> Subject: Re: Tyrannosaurus was not a fat boy or girl
>
> With Thanksgiving approaching, and all this talk of theropod fleshiness
> and fat, does anyone have any recipe tips for cooking tyrannosaurs?

Make certain its dead.
Set tyrannosaur on log rollers with newspaper and kindling between each roller.
Set ablaze.
Wait until skin is somewhere between charcoalled and extra-crispy.
Put out fire, or wait for it to die down.
Carve your tyrannosaur how you prefer.

 Note: this may work better on the smaller tyrannosaurs like _Qinlong_ and
maybe up to _Daspletosaurus_, because the _Tyrannosurus rex_ would probably
either end up with overcooked or undercooked insides.

> I've never done it but I was thinking belly cuts because they might be
> marbled? Some of what I read says all the fat is in the tail. Other
> sources say the skin.

Just a hunch...I would guess that the marbling is in the tail (for migrational
storage), while the skin may have a layer of fat  (paltry insulation for
intraspecific fights, but better than nothing)

> I'd love to do something with Tyrannosaur fois gras, which is possible if,
> like ducks and geese, they stored fat in the livers for migration. But
> some online sources say crocodilian liver is highly toxic. Has anyone on
> DML eaten alligator liver and lived to tell the tale?

 I've what I was told was alligator tail.