Re: Reinterpretation of Samrukia as a pterosaur

I agree with you Jocelyn.  _Samrukia_ is a nomen nudum, until such
time as the description (and naming) of _Samrukia_ by Naish et al. is
formally published.  There is no reason why Buffetaut would (or could)
get credit for naming _Samrukia_, given that Buffetaut explicitly
cites Naish et al..

This sort of thing is not unprecedented.  There have been times in the
past when a genus name has first appeared in one paper before it was
officially published in another paper, which is cited by the first
paper.  For example, the titanosaur genus _Isisaurus_ first appeared
in the description of the abelisaurid _Rajasaurus_ by Wilson et al.
(2003).  The latter cited Wilson and Upchurch (2003) for _Isisaurus_,
and the paper was given as "in press" in the Literature Cited.

Cheers

Tim