Re: Plateosaurus skull redescribed

that's really odd, because P. erlenbergensis is a junior synonym to P.
engelhardti according to Moser 2003 based on the SACRUM - so the SKULL
alone is not enough to resurrect P. erlenbergensis. There is, btw, no
holo- or lectotype skull to compare to, so you need to deal with the
sacrum.....

I can't imagine that the new paper results from a mis- (or
non-)reading of Moser 2003, as is otherwise often the case with German
papers. There is an extensive English summary at the end that states,
among other things:

"Plateosaurus engel­hardti MEYER, 1837 includes the following
subjective  junior synonyms: Dimodosaurus poligniensis,
Gresslyosaurus robus­ tus, Gresslyosaurus torgeri, Pachysaurus ajax,
Pachysaurus gi­ganteus; Pachysaurus magnus, Pachysaurus wetzelianus,
Pla­ teosaurus erlenbergiensis, Plateosaurus longiceps, Plateosaurus
plieningeri, Plateosaurus reinigeri, and Plateosaurus trossin­gensis."

I *really* look forward to reading this one.

___________________________________
Dr. Heinrich Mallison
Abteilung Forschung
Museum für Naturkunde - Leibniz-Institut
für Evolutions- und Biodiversitätsforschung
an der Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Invalidenstrasse 43
10115 Berlin
Office phone: +49 (0)30 2093 8764
Email: heinrich.mallison@gmail.com
Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
Gaius Julius Caeser