Re: Plateosaurus skull redescribed

and, if P. erlenbergensis is valid, what material remains from P. engelhardti?

The occurrence of P. erlenbergiensis should be (see p. 49):

Various Middle-Late Norian (Late Triassic) formations, including the Trossingen
(Baden-Württemberg, Germany), Knollenmergel (Niedersachsen and Sachsen-Anhalt,
Germany), Obere Bunte Mergel (Aargau, Switzerland), Marnes Irisées Supérieures
(Jura and Doubs, France), and Fleming Fjord (eastern Greenland) Formations
(Galton and Upchurch, 2004).

So can only the type and other material from Bavaria described by Moser (2004)
be referred to P. engelhardti and is all the other material, especially from
the mass-occurences in Trossingen, Halberstadt and Frick P. erlenbergiensis?

Michael

-------- Original-Nachricht --------