RE: Huaxiaosaurus, new giant hadrosaur from China

While I cannot read Chinese, and the paper's figures are line drawings of what
are certainly distorted fossils, I am making a prediction that this material
may end up confused and, likely, referred to *Shantungosaurus giganteus.* This
is further suggested by the fact that *Zhuchengosaurus maximus* (Zhao et al.,
2007), another titanic hadrosaur from the same locality and formation, has been
argued to be the same taxon, and was lumped into *Shanthungosaurus giganteus*
(Ji et al., 2011).

Zhao X.-j., Li D.-j., Han G., Hao H.-x., Liu F.-g., Li L.-j. & Fang X.-s. 2007.
[Zhuchengosaurus maximus from Shandong Province.] _Acta Geoscientia Sinica_
28(2):111–122.
Ji Y., Wang X., Liu Y.-q. & Ji Q. 2011. Systematics, behavior and living
environment of Shantungosaurus giganteus (Dinosauria: Hadrosauridae). _Acta
Geologica Sinica_ (English Edition) 85(1):58-65.

Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden
  The Bite Stuff (site v2)
  http://qilong.wordpress.com/