Re: Huaxiaosaurus, new giant hadrosaur from China -- Mandarin speakers--

On a related note, how common is Mandarin amoung paleontologists
(excluding, obviously, researchers from places like China)? It seems
like with all the fossils coming out of there, it'd be a big advantage
to speak it, but I get the impression, and perhaps I am wrong, that
even many people who work on these things don't speak it.  Or how
common is Mongolian, for that matter, (again, outside of the Mongolian
paleontologists, who've done great work).

--
Robert J. Schenck
Kingsborough Community College