Re: Nopcsaspondylus has no hypophene, please

> On 23 November 2011 23:13, Sebastian Apesteguia
> What I wanted to say with the Rebbachisauroidea is to include in a
> clade more inclusive than Diplodocoidea to those sauropods more
> related to rebbachisaurus than to Diplodocus but outside of
> Rebbachisauridae (which is diagnosed, among other traits) by the
> absence of hyp-hyp articulations.

Well, I can't help how Rebbachisauridae might be DIAGNOSED.  But I
know that it's DEFINED as everything more closely related to
Rebbachisaurus than to Diplodocus -- so "those sauropods more related
to rebbachisaurus than to Diplodocus but outside of Rebbachisauridae"
is a fallacy.

Do you maybe want to coin a new name for the more restricted clade
WITHIN Rebbachisauridae that is diagnosed by absence of
hyposphene-hypantrum articulations?  Rebbachisaurinae would be an
obvious choice, but I wouldn't want to take a guess at what specified
taxa would be appropriate.

-- Mike.