Re: Nopcsaspondylus has no hypophene, please

Fair cop.  I understand that there is typological baggage here.  By
"minor clade" I meant a clade that includes a small number of genera -
such as Elasmaria, which was proposed for only two genera
(_Macrogryphosaurus_ + _Talenkauen_).  This was the kind of clade that
could have been denoted by a family-level taxon (Macrogryphosauridae
or Talenkauenidae).  Instead, the authors opted for a clade that has
no Linnaean entanglements in terms of rank (Elasmaria).

As I see it, the solution is to divest the ICZN of the power to rule
over family-level taxa.

Cheers

Tim