RE: Nopcsaspondylus has no hypophene, please

> Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 11:23:39 +1100
> From: tijawi@gmail.com
> To: dinosaur@usc.edu
> Subject: Re: Nopcsaspondylus has no hypophene, please
>
> Fair cop. I understand that there is typological baggage here. By
> "minor clade" I meant a clade that includes a small number of genera -
> such as Elasmaria, which was proposed for only two genera
> (_Macrogryphosaurus_ + _Talenkauen_). This was the kind of clade that
> could have been denoted by a family-level taxon (Macrogryphosauridae
> or Talenkauenidae). Instead, the authors opted for a clade that has
> no Linnaean entanglements in terms of rank (Elasmaria).
>

> As I see it, the solution is to divest the ICZN of the power to rule
> over family-level taxa.

 But if the point is to move to the Phylocode, why bother with the ICZN's
authority in regard to Family-level taxa?

(it seems rather like you're {generic 2nd Person} suggesting the Catholic
Church abandon all icons and saints, while you've been planning to join the
Amish)