Re: Heterothermy in elephants: Sauropods too?

"Our findings raise the intriguing possibility that heterothermy may be far
more widespread in mammals than previously assumed."

I'm sureDr. Ruf was saying this for the benefit of the lay audience, but the
knowledge of widespread heterothermy among the "classic endotherms" has been
known for awhile. Grigg et al. 2004 give a nice rundown of currently known
heterothermic mammals and birds.

Grigg, G.C., Beard, L.A., Augee, M.L. 2004. The Evolution of Endothermy and its
Diversity in Mammals and Birds. Phys.Biochem.Zool. Vol.77(6):982-997.

Jason

http://reptilis.net