From: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu [mailto:owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu] On Behalf Of
Augusto Haro
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 7:59 AM
To: mike@indexdata.com
Subject: Re: tiny-armed theropods

A possibility is that forelimb reduction permits to reduce weight
regardless of head size. This would be overall adventageous for large
forms, with their increased weight problems. This can be adventageous
if the relatively larger limbs of an ancestor of these dinosaurs were
doing something not very important or which did not require big size.