RE: tiny-armed theropods/evolution

> From: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu [mailto:owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu]
> On Behalf Of Brian Hathaway
>
> Had they not been wiped out by the big sledgehammer
> from beyond, I wonder if the arms would eventually have
> disappeared altogether?

Greg Paul did a drawing once of an alternate history with no K/Pg catastrophe,
in which armless tyrannosaurs hunted neo-hadrosaurs
in the Cenozoic grasslands, with herds of horned non-ceratopsid ceratopsians in
the background. If memory serves, the drawing was in
a book review of Dougal Dixon's Alternate Dinosaurs book in Evolutionary Theory.

Don't know if that picture is on the web anywhere.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~tholtz/