RE: Amateur question on Terra Nova

> Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 14:04:35 -0500
> From: adbinc@arn.net
> To: DINOSAUR@usc.edu
> Subject: Amateur question on Terra Nova
>
> Recall that I'm an engineer, not a paleontologist...
>
> I had it in my head that long-tail ptero-things were (spelling guess)
> ramphoryncoids and were all extinct well before 85mya and that
> pterodactyls were for the most part short-tailed things. What's the
> real info here?

like you, I'm confused about that as well.  it's possible, i suppose, that they
weren't fossilized because of their mountain nesting sites at the _Terra Nova_
base camp...but then they go to the beaches until the next breeding season, so
that's a problem with that theory.

(though if their last breeding season was found ten feet down, doesn't that
mean they don't breed often?  or that the base camp was built on landslide
territory?)