Re: speculative armless T. Rex

Of course, if you were standing around in the Chinle ecosystem in the Late Triassic, looking at Coelophysis, some ponderous prosauropods, and maybe a small ornithischian, I doubt one would have predicted that ankylosaurs, stegosaurs, hadrosaurs, brachiosaurids, tyrannosaurids, therzinosaurs, etc. evolving from such a motley crew. As the fossil record shows, life often exceeds our limited imagination for prediction.

Dan