Re: tiny-armed theropods

2011/10/7 Richard W. Travsky <rtravsky@uwyo.edu>:

> For the most part the arms/wings are kept against the body but noticed
> in a turn they splayed out to assist with the turn. The feathers are
> probably contributing to the assist, like dive breaks...

Yes, I remembered that after so my shark analogy at running is bad.

Now, I do not know if, when running, as when walking, nose-down pitch
is so problematic. Because in both theropods and ostriches, the center
of gravity is part of the time cranial to the foot contacting the
ground and other part is caudal to the foot. The relationships of the
center of mass to the foot are not constant, as in almost any biped.